I love New Orleans, LA. I will go on a limb and say I have been there more than any other city. Quite arguably my favorite city on earth (comparatively speaking, I haven’t seen a lot of earth).
I started visiting NOLA in college (17 years ago) and most recently visited in April to celebrate my sister’s graduation from college.
So here are 5 things NOLA has taught me over the years:
- LEAVE YOUR JUDGEMENTS AT HOME (or at least in your hotel room)- I don’t think this needs any explanation when walk the streets on NOLA on the weekend.
- TRAVEL AS A CLIQUE – Nothing ruins a great weekend in NOLA like losing your friend who wondered off or was going to meet you at the corner of Iberville and she thought you said Bienville. This rule was paramount in the days prior to unlimited anytime calling.
- BRING AN ADVENTUROUS APPETITE – Many people know that the best part of NOLA is the food. Its simply amazing. By any means don’t take this trip to culinary paradise with your co-worker who only eats “chicken tenders” and openly proclaims Applebee’s as their favorite restaurant.
- MY MOM IS WAY MORE FUN THAN YOU THOUGHT SHE WAS– Because I love my mom & mom-in-law, Enough said… 🙂
- LIFE IS SHORT, ENJOY THE MUSIC!