Travel +Liesure has a great run down about the perfect Autumn Food Festivals across the U.S.
3 of recommendations on the list are located in the SouthEastern U.S. Proximity to home definitely puts these Southern FEASTivals on the top of my list. After the top 3 it’s all about interest for this Southern Fried City Girl.
1. Arkansas Cornbread Festival Little Rock, AR
Did I know this was even a thing? NOPE. I will assume you didn’t either. Cornbread is such a staple in the southern dinner table. So much so, my Grandma told me after I got married that if “he ain’t eating your cornbread he’s eating someone else’s” (remind me to tell you that story later).
2. Beignet Fest New Orleans, LA
Sweet or Savory ( yeah, said savory) beignets are little-fried pieces of heaven. Even if you have been to the iconic Cafe’ Du Monde at 3 pm or 3 am, this French donut fest amps it up to the next level. Babes & Beignets has a great post about what to expect from the 2017 event.
3. Fall for Greenville Greenville, South Carolina
While the other festivals focus on one component of a satisfied palate. This SC festival is a “something for everybody”, “eat what you want” 3-day festival adventure.
4. Santa Fe Wine and Chile Fiesta Santa Fe, New Mexico
5. Avocado & Margarita Street Festival Morro Bay, CA
6. Hawaii Food and Wine Festival Big Island, Maui, Oahu
7. Colorado Mountain Winefest Palisade, Colorado
8. Feast Portland Portland, Oregon
9. Pickle Day New York, NY
10. Wellfleet OysterFest Cape Cod, MA
11. Eagle River Cranberry Fest Eagle River, WI
12. Lewistown Chokecherry Festival Lewistown, Montana ( sorry Montana, I don’t know what a Chokeberry is, but I can’t wait to try it)
Which Autumn Festivals would make up your top 3? Which Fall Festivals would you and the Travel + Leisure list?
3 thoughts on “12 Top Fall Food Festivals”
I haven’t heard of Feast Portland before, but It sounds like something worth traveling to for us here in Seattle! We have the bite of Seattle out here, but there isn’t really anything about it that makes me feel like it should be rated ‘best of’
I’m looking forward to visiting PAC NW next year. Thank you for your insight on Bite of Seattle… It was on my list especially b/c of Seattle’s food scene. Completely rethinking this Now LOL
Love this list! I’m such a foodie. Super sad I never noticed the Beignet fest while living in Nola last fall but I definitely enjoyed quite a few food festivals while there.