My dear husband works 6 days a week. So Sunday mornings have long been the perfect time for us to enjoy breakfast together. While I’m callin it breakfast it is truly brunch because we don’t seem to open our eyes before 8am. Even the 2 year old knows to “keep it down” until daddy wakes up.
I had already planned out my weekend menu in an attempt to not waste our budget on weekend splurges (like we’ve done all summer). I was feeling a little more gracious than normal and decided to cook breakfast flatbread.
Then it was just eggs, extra sharp cheddar, and ground turkey sausage to round out the meal.
Sure I could have just taken the same ingredients and served them all separately but the look on his face when he swore I had been cooking all morning was priceless. I almost felt bad because it literally took 15 min start to finish.
Mommy always eats last, so I made my version a little more grown up with a fried egg before I added my toppings.
- Naan Bread
- Eggs – 2 eggs per flat bread
- Turkey sausage (any sausage or omit for meatless option)
- Cheddar cheese (sharper the better)
- Tomato or Salsa **for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Ground meat
- Scramble or fry egg to your liking *slightly under cook eggs to avoid over cooking when Flatbread is placed in oven
- Assemble ingredients except topping on Naan bread
- Place in oven for Aprx. 5 min until warm and bread is soft.
- Serve warm with toppings